Musicianship (ages 5 & 6)
An inspiring course offering comprehensive music learning, with strong educational advantages over starting an instrument at this age.
More about the course
A unique opportunity for musical development, directed by progression and learning expert Bethan Scolding.
Our Musicianship course provides engaging, comprehensive music learning, in a way that isn’t possible in instrument-focussed lessons - children develop core musical understanding of concepts such as pulse, rhythm, pitch and melody, aural skills, technical control, musical creativity, notation skills, confidence, inner hearing, singing voice and communication and ensemble skills, through progressing activities involving percussion instruments, singing, composing and other activities.
Learning in this way will often give a stronger foundation in music than would spending the same amount of time learning an instrument, and this foundation helps children to make faster progress once they do later begin learning an instrument.
- develop musical understanding and creativity which will make learning an instrument more rewarding and enjoyable
- refine aural skills, singing, and music literacy
- gain confidence improvising and creating music as part of a group
- develop expression and confidence performing
- have fun making music - and making friends!
Suitable for beginners and for those already taking graded exams.