Instrument teachers: piano teacher, violin teacher, cello teacher, drum teacher, guitar teacher.
We are looking for inspiring, experienced music teachers to join our team!
We value our teachers very highly and work hard to create the conditions to allow them to teach to the best of their ability, to enjoy teaching, and to continue learning.
The following teaching blocks are available:
- Sunday morning and afternoon at Charlton House (SE7 8RE)
- Sunday morning at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP)
Violin - Saturday morning at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP)
Drums - Monday after school/evening (a different day may be possible) at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP)
Cello - Saturday morning at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP)
Guitar - Saturday afternoon at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP)
Each block consists mostly of individual tuition, plus one group class for beginners aged 6-7 (except drums).
Positions are self-employed, hours are by agreement and based during term time, with some additional holiday teaching by agreement.
Remuneration: an hourly rate of £30.30 including holiday entitlement for individual tuition, £33.30 for group tuition.
We are looking for tutors who:
• have at least a degree or equivalent in music
• have significant relevant teaching experience (PLEASE INDICATE THIS IN YOUR CV)
• are passionate about teaching, and about making music
• can inspire, challenge and encourage students
• create a positive, relaxed learning environment
• are self-motivated and organised
• will take advantage of being part of Greenwich Music School, sharing ideas with other tutors and engaging with the other courses and projects
• are committed to continuing professional development through training and engagement in professional dialogue.
• are in tune with our work and ethos - see http://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/about/
Greenwich Music School is a centre of excellence in music education, running high-quality creative music tuition, group courses, projects and training. GMS offers the same high quality music education to students of all ages and levels, from toddlers to professional musicians.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 29th August
Interviews will take place in September to begin later in September, or in October. There is some flexibility.
A DBS Enhanced check and proof of public liability insurance will be required before work is offered.
All applications will be considered equally.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter (outlining your most relevant experience and interest in GMS) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact us at the same address.