Spring term 2018
Lessons: Thursday, 4 January 2018 to Sunday, 11 February 2018
Fortnightly students: The term begins with week B.
Half term (no lessons): Monday, 12 February 2018 to Sunday, 18 February 2018
Lessons: Monday, 19 February 2018 to Wednesday, 28 March 2018
No make-up week this term (lessons cancelled by us will be refunded)
Deadline for giving us notice to stop lessons, or to change lesson day, time or duration: Wednesday 28th February
Other key dates this term:
Deadline to decide with your tutor if you wish to enter an exam: Thursday 11th January
- Performance Workshop for adults (all instruments & voices):
Tuesday 13th March 2018, 7.30pm at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP) - BOOK
- Soloists concert - for all individual tuition students
Wednesday 28th March at Charlton House. Children 6.30pm, Adults 7.30pm - BOOK
- Launchpad concert - first performance opportunity for students aged 5-10
Sunday 25th March at Vanbrugh Studio, afternoon, time TBC - BOOK
- Ensembles concert - for all students in groups for children & young people
Monday 26th March at Charlton House, 6.15pm
What is make-up week?
The make-up week is at the end of term and may be used by the tutor to give a lesson that they have postponed from earlier in the term. Make-up week is a scheduled teaching week, so please ensure you can be available for a lesson at your usual time.
Which concert is for me?
Performing is an inspiring, energising, integral part of learning music! Each term we hold the following concerts for adult and child students of Greenwich Music School:
- Soloists concerts are for all child and adult students learning an instrument or voice at Greenwich Music School.
- Launchpad concerts are a less formal performance opportunity for students aged up to 10 who are new to performing. It includes a group warm-up with a GMS tutor.
- Ensembles concerts are for students in group courses such as the orchestras, musicianship class, theory & composition class, and choir.
Summer term 2018
Lessons: Monday, 16 April 2018 to Sunday, 27 May 2018 (No lessons on Bank Holiday Monday, 7 May 2018)
Fortnightly students: The term begins with week A.
Half term (no lessons): Monday, 28 May 2018 to Sunday, 3 June 2018
Lessons: Monday, 4 June 2018 to Monday 16 July 2018
Make-up week: Tuesday, 17 July 2018 to Monday, 23 July 2018 (no Monday make-up)