Theory & composition (grades 4-5)
The creative, practical way to learn theory.
Learn in-depth music theory, from notation to harmony, melody and counterpoint, by using it creatively and practically in compositions which are performed within the class and by visiting musicians.
Ideal for those at grade 4-5 standard in their instrument / voice.
- Develop music literacy and theoretical knowledge
- Understand harmony, melody and counterpoint and how to apply them in composition
- Develop your composition skills and hear your work performed
- Opportunity to compose for the GMS Youth Orchestra
- Ideal support for GCSE music
- Cover the material required for ABRSM theory exams grades 4-5 (exam entry optional)
Bring your instrument or singing voice.