Theory & composition (grades 1-3)
The creative, practical way to learn music theory.
Develop your skills in music theory to grade 3 level by using it creatively and practically in compositions which are performed within the class and by visiting musicians.
This class is ideal for those who are grade 1-3 standard in their instrument or voice.
- Develop music literacy and theoretical knowledge
- Learn how to compose your own music
- Hear your compositions performed
- Cover the material required for ABRSM theory exams grades 1-3 (exam entry optional)
- Bring your instrument or singing voice.
Please note that students are required to bring their own manuscript paper.
- for students working on grade 1 or 2: Novello Manuscript Book 1, A5 landscape, 4 staves per page, 32 pages (Amazon / Musicroom)
- for students working on grades 3, 4 or 5: Hal Leonard Manuscript Paper, Standard Wire-bound, A4 portrait, 12 staff 96 pages (Amazon / Book Depository)
See also: Grade 4&5 class.